The Metronomicon: Slay the Dance Floor
A downloadable game for Windows and macOS
Packing in a fully-fledged story mode with a colourful cast of musically-empowered heroes and villains, The Metronomicon sees you take control of a party of eight newly graduated masters of the “rhythmic combat arts” to wage musical warfare against a multitude of dance-mongering fiends. By switching between four concurrent hero-controlled tracks on-the-fly, you’ll select and activate a wide array of abilities and spells, buffs and nukes, with your performance and timing all-important in ensuring the effectiveness of your moves. In the RPG spirit, you’ll need to improve your characters’ stats, hunt down powerful equipment, and combine a multitude of newly-learned abilities – switching between tanking, healing, buffing, and damage-dealing classes as required in real time.
Hash me bro! The #Metronomicon
"You got your glowsticks in my chainmail! You got your fireballs in my dubstep!" - Danny (lead dev)
The Metronomicon features a fantastic, fully-licensed soundtrack featuring some of the hottest electronic, synthwave, chiptune and indie artists, including an exclusive track from Jimmy Urine of Mindless Self Indulgence, an unreleased track from Shiny Toy Guns, along with tracks from YACHT, Perturbator, J-Punch, Dj CUTMAN, and many, many more. As much a soundscape as it is a soundtrack, the music behind The Metronomicon is set to be every bit as varied and exciting as the gameplay itself.
- Unique Rhythm RPG – slay fearsome beasts to an even fiercer beat
- An epic quest - A wide range of characters, with locations ranging from a medieval party yacht to a rockstar-haunted castle – and many more!
- A soundtrack like no other – a powerful, ear-shattering mix of electronic and indie music featuring renowned artists such as Jimmy Urine of Mindless Self Indulgence
- Progress - improve your characters’ stats, hunt down powerful equipment, and combine a multitude of newly-learned abilities – switching between tanking, healing, buffing, and damage-dealing classes
- Replayability – freeplay mode, ranked side quests, and a devilish arena enable you to revisit the game’s awesome soundtrack at your own pace, with different gameplay options and character choices available
Slay the Dance Floor is a free update to The Metronomicon that contains;
- Local Multiplayer support has been added, across all game modes!
- Endless Mode is now available!
- A new (secret!) hero has been added to the game.
- Hero and Global Passive Abilities have been added, unlockable through Endless Mode.
- A new cheat code! - Seeded speed runs!
- And so much more!
Want to go to dance battle in The Metronomicon to the tune of your own music library?
With the latest update, we are giving fans access to the very same tool that was used to create the game, so that you can create your own choreography for your own tracks and then play them in-game.
In order to download this game you must purchase it at or above the minimum price of $19.99 USD. You will get access to the following files: